"[Molly Ringwald] actually said that if one projected beyond the movie, that Duckie would be out by now. And I respectfully disagree. I want to stand up for all the slightly effeminate dorks that are actually heterosexual. Just cause the gaydar is going off, doesn’t mean your instruments aren’t faulty. I’ve had to live with that, and that’s okay."
i think this is amazing - i don’t know that i’d say duckie was only “slightly” effeminate (and anyone who knows me knows that’s because i so enthusiastically cheer on the more-than-slightly effeminate boys of the world), but i love that he weighed in and his respect for the alternative.
- rjlupins likes this
- theimportanceofbeingvictoria likes this
- youngfortrees likes this
- popgurlie reblogged this from shananaomi
- funkelly likes this
- videogameheart likes this
- laughterkey reblogged this from shananaomi
- dedaumier likes this
- michellereneepaul likes this
- yayponies reblogged this from shananaomi
- chanelleberlin likes this
- shananaomi posted this